NUTRITION BREAK DOWN
At Zen Bento, what you see is what you get! We keep things pretty pure. If you are keeping track of calories or nutrition information, here’s a general breakdown to help you tally the numbers:
- CHICKEN: 3.5 to 4 ounces (cooked weight) of boneless skinless breast of chicken. Each breast is hand trimmed to minimize fat.
- BEEF: 3.5 ounces (cooked weight) of top sirloin beef. All our beef is hand trimmed to minimize fat
- SALMON: 6 ounce North Atlantic salmon filets.
- AHI: 4 ounces of sushi grade Ahi.
- TOFU: 5 ounces of organic tofu. Need we say more?
- VEGGIES: Broccoli, green and red cabbage, yellow squash, zuchinni and carrots comprise our veggies. Our veggies are hand cut and steamed with no added seasonings, oils, butter or preservatives. Natural.
- RICE: Each Bento has approximately 10 ounces of Japanese steamed rice (also known as “sticky rice” or medium grain rice). We offer both white and brown rice. Of course, the brown rice is known for having more nutritional value due to the added fiber. Calories are the same. The Zen Salad has approximately 4 ounces of rice.
- SAUCES: Each Bento has approximately 4 ounces of sauce. The Teriyaki, Zen and Kamikaze sauces have no fat. The Bonzai and Ginger Soy contain canola oil. The Z-nut is a peanut based sauce. As sauces go, our sauces are less caloric and with less fat than most. Plan on about 100 to 200 calories per serving, depending on what sauce you choose.
FOOD ALLERGY INFORMATION
- NO MSG. We do not use any products which contain MSG nor do we add MSG when preparing our meals.
- PEANUTS: We have peanuts on the premises as a topping for our meals. Also, the Z-nut sauce is a peanut based sauce. If you have a peanut allergy, please let us know when you order so we can make sure we don't get any of the peanut sauce close to your meal.
- WHEAT GLUTEN: Our soy sauce contains wheat flour. Our yakisoba noodles are a wheat based noodle.
- CORN STARCH: All our sauces are thickened with corn starch.
- SOY: We have been able to serve customers who have allergies to soy! They usually order the Veggie Bento with either our Zen sauce or a side of either rice vinegar or balsamic vinegar. For those with mild allergies, our meats have been marinated with soy sauce, but we have non soy-based sauces like the Zen or Kamikaze to choose from.